I hate Texas

So it's official. I live in a mean, spiteful state. I can't imagine anyone thinking it is ok to take rights away from people - indirectly as well as directly - which is exactly what prop. 2 is about. The pathetic "marriage is one man and one woman", and no other union will be recognized. Churches, predominantly, in this state are absolutely wrong in pushing this agenda. We already ban gay marriage. What was the point of this? Why is it so important to people who have all the rights (hetros) to purposefully go out and vote to take away the few rights of the people struggling (gays/lesbians)? Exactly what is it meant to achieve? Will all the gays go away? If we don't allow them to visit each other in the hospital or get insurance coverage for their partners, it will drive them to rethink this "choice" and go straight? I mean, are we really that clueless? Did I miss this part of the New Testament? I mean, we are supposed to love one another, right?This is not love, people. This is mean and spiteful and I hate it. Shame shame shame.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog