Paul
I believe it has begun. My brave brother is slowly slipping away. I am at his house, I came last night after struggling with the thought of watching him die. My mind couldn't get around it, initially. I couldn't sit back and watch him suffocating, gasping for breath.
But if nothing else, I had to be here for my mom, sister in law, niece, nephew and brothers.
If nothing else.
It doesn't matter how much you prepare for this sort of thing, no matter the inevitability, it is a physical electrical shock to the body to know that a loved one, a precious loved one, is leaving this place.
I know where he's going.
I know I'll see him again.
He's not suffering.
But my heart is broken into a thousand little pieces that I will never quite put back together again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog