Does anyone know anything about this?
I ordered Revolution for my four dogs online. Of course, this requires a prescription and the internet company was happy to get that from the vet. I gave all the information and clapped myself on the back for saving 20% on this particular product, which gets rid of fleas, ticks and heartworms. Great. I get a confirmation email from the company. Later that day I get another email. The request has been denied by my vet.
Huh.
That’s weird.
So, I call.
Hello, blank blank Vet’s Office.
Hi. I ordered Revolution online for my four dogs and they said you guys denied to authorize the prescription.
That’s right.
Why.
The Texas Legislature does not allow Internet companies to dispense medications in the state of Texas because there is no way to guarantee the quality.
What?
It’s not our fault. We aren’t allowed to authorize the sale of Internet meds.
Are you kidding?
Do I sound like I’m kidding?
No not really, but you could have a dry sense of humor.
I don’t.
Yeah. I figured that out. So, I have no other option but to pay 20% more for you Revolution.
I doubt it’s 20% less online.
Don’t doubt it.
It’s probably old.

I understand that local vets have to make money, but we give a lot of money to them – four dogs and a cat? Are you kidding? I really resent paying 45 bucks for a three months supply when I can pay 60 for a six months supply from an online company. We have done this before, about a year ago. We ordered flea and heartworm medication for a year.
I went online (the evil, quality un-assured online) and could not find a sliver of information. I went to the Texas Legislature and nothing.
Should you know something about this, please let me know.

This stinks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog