To Be Continued After Spring Break


From the principal to me Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 2:11 PM

After looking at the communications I think that a personal meeting with you and the teacher is in order. I do not believe that his teacher is intentionally stonewalling you. Your original email did not appear to require a response in my opinion.It appears to me that there is a difference of opinion as to when the assignment in question was turned in and the completeness of that assignment. Knowing Ms. Goulet as I do, she ALWAYS works in the best interests of her students and does whatever it takes to ensure their success. In fact, she told me that she feels Cody is doing very well in her class this year. If she did accept the assignment a week late then she did operate outside the requirements of our late work policy. I understand that you would rather not wait until after the break, but after visiting with his teacher it is my understanding that she has previous meetings already scheduled for Thursday and Friday. The good news is that we will not have any 6 week grade reporting periods between now and that time so there is no harm in waiting to have the meeting. Grade corrections, if needed, can occur at any time.

From me to the principal Sent:Wednesday, March 08, 2006 4:16 PM

I would expect nothing less than your defending your staff. However, I want to ask one thing. How many excuses/reasons would Cody have been afforded had an issue such as this been presented to him? That's fine. I will meet with her after the break. I feel the deck is unfairly stacked against any sort of reversal as it is now his teacher’s word against Cody's. It will also involve an admission of error by his teacher. This for me, unfortunately, conjures up images of pigs, flight, snowballs and Hades.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog