(oh, dude, you are SO going to jail!)
The Creeping Line of Culpability
Slowly. Initially in undetectable increments. E’er so deliberately until BAM! The line, of which we are not to cross, is nanometers from the brick wall and we stand on our tippy toes desperately trying to maintain a balance as to not….cross…the…line. The theory is, largely from the right as they are the ones who seem to feel the need to explain away certain issues, that if you aren’t doing anything wrong, then you don’t need to worry. Why do you need a lawyer? Did you do something that needs protecting? Getting a lawyer demonstrates a certain degree of guilt, don’t ya know! Wiretapping? Why are you concerned? Are you talking to AL-Ky-Duh? Are you planning something bad? Then what’s the problem? You don’t need to worry if you ain’t doin’ nothin’ wrong. But the line between upstanding citizen and enemy of the administration is moving, causing innocent people to fall, flailing their arms in a desperate attempt to regain their balance or fly away, I’m not sure which. Now we have, TaDa, under the Patriot Act a way for bush et al to criminalize protesters under the label of “disruptor” who can be jailed for “disruptive behavior”. Remember that guy who said “F-you, Mr. Cheney” after Katrina? That eloquent fellow would now be tossed in jail. Wearing an anti-bush or anti-policy shirt, or being a member of a civil rights, environmental or anti-war group who protests bush policies will classify you as a disruptor. Want to know the parameters check out:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/1/11/212726/954.
Dissent has been classified as unpatriotic, anti-troops and now, illegal. Sure you have a right to free speech, just not when, what, or where you want. But you still have it. Sheesh. Where does this line have to go to get a reaction? When will this man be stopped? When will the puppet and the puppetmaster be tossed out on their ears? I have a bloody “w” on my car – this makes me a disruptor if I go to any politically organized event or any event of “national significance”. I am a member of PETA, the ACLU and Greenpeace, this also, makes me a disruptor. I am not good with goose-stepping into formation. I will go where I want, say what I want, when I want. Try and stop me. I don’t physically threaten anyone and I have no intention of causing physical harm to anyone but I can be treated as someone who would. Is this cool with you? Do you think it’s gonna stop there? Guess again.

Comments

Wow. I don't know what to say. Frankly, I'm stunned.Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog