Just saw Barney Frank on Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO. I'll tell you something, it is an awe-inspiring thing to see a democrat actually start speaking up, calling people out. He was dead on, he was relentless, he was unapologetic, he was firm, he was strong, and he was the most solidly logical person I have heard in a long time. Everytime the repub guest would try to insinuate that all the focus on "gay" republicans was some kind of bizarre assault on a group of people that just happen to have a connection with the conservative doctrine - strong defense, smaller government, lower taxes - Frank absolutely impaled him. How can you categorically vote against a group of people giving them rights, try to criminalize them for private behavior, and then go home and be engaged in that kind of behavior? It makes no sense.
It is how I like my liberals. Seriously. I like them to be strong and show that you know what? Talking to your enemies takes BALLS. Pulling brave and honorable people out of harms way is HEROIC.
It was a beautiful thing to see.
I hope to see more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog