Miami Vice
I have to weigh in on this recent arrest of the “terrorist cell” in, where is it, Florida? Ok. When I see something like this I can’t help but get a little skeptical. From what I gather, the government is not only monitoring phone calls and emails it is also monitoring bank activity. With all this monitoring, they still had to send some guy into an impoverished, BLACK neighborhood, to a group of young men meeting for a prayer group and start suggesting ways to make some cash? I mean, seriously, this is how our government with all its access and unlimited resources is conducting its War of Terror? It reminds me of these drug lords in massive mansions surrounded by machine gun clad guards living their lives unscathed while the drug war gets waged on kids in the projects. For all the discussions with suspicious international operators being monitored and money being tracked all of over the world, this is it? Did you see their faces? They looked stunned. Some looked petrified. Can you imagine one of these kids actually following through with one of these plans? I know that one of the things that the “enemy” does is recruit disenfranchised youths…but in Miami? The other thing is, these guys aren’t even Muslims. These boys were studying the bible. The warehouse they were meeting in had no weapons, no blueprints, no propaganda, no training videos, nothing. I am under the impression that they have video and audio of these guys requesting weapons, radios, vehicles and uniforms, I also have a feeling that there was some posturing here. My feeling is, and of course, I can be so completely wrong, but regardless, I see a big fat carrot. It’s like going up to starving people and saying “wanna eat? Come with me, we might need to break in, but there’s a big buffet of food that you can help yourself, help your family to…all you have to do is...” I don’t pretend to know the specifics. I just think with all the money floating around – billions of dollars – going to serious threats, busting a prayer group enticed into doing the wrong thing is just another example of how completely whacked our government is right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog