The way I see it..........

Out amongst the voters, Palin is asked, by a voter not a journalist, a question about Pakistan to which she implies that she would invade Pakistan if that's where the terrorists are.
McCain and Palin turn up later with Couric and say that it's typical gotcha journalism.
?
??
I can't even get my head around this one.

I'm done with this.
I am so annoyed, so ridiculously pissed off by this whole thing, I don't even know where to start. Granted, Palin was the best conceivable pick for Democrats. If McCain had chosen anyone else, including another woman - a qualified woman like Snowe, Hutchinson, Rice (shudder) - democrats would be struggling right now.
I believe that.
But instead, we get this wave of sympathy for this woman who is clearly out of her league.
It makes me think of a high school basketball player that is a really good HIGH SCHOOL player that someone says hey! Head up to the NBA...no training, no steps, just jump on in...in fact...jump on in during the playoffs.
It is mind boggling how ridiculous this all is.
If anyone dare says that she's unqualified, they are sexist.
If they question her actions - as a political figure - they are the mean ole media.
I feel like I am watching some warped story about the demise of feminism. To have this caricature up there spitting out catch phrases and then whining about being mocked and "gotcha journalism", I just feel like screaming! It's like watching the president of the PTA meet with world leaders. What the fudge monkey do they talk about? She hasn't the vaguest idea what is going on, she's not stupid but, like me, she is involved locally and unlike me, she doesn't seem all that interested in anything outside our boundaries. Saying that she has some kind of foreign policy experience is like saying I do...since Texas borders Mexico and all. I have had some trade experience as well....going to the border towns and buying trinkets.
I had no idea I was so qualified.
What is so frustrating is that we have this protectionist, poor little Sarah Palin sweep now because it is so cringe worthy watching her try to answer questions.
She is clearly out of her realm.
But who's fault is that?
She accepted the invitation "without blinking".
Except for that "kids" vote thing.
She, hopefully, has seen past presidential/vice presidential runs. She was aware that there are times when you actually have to TALK to people, ANSWER questions, UNDERSTAND what the job entails. It isn't all waving, pointing, clapping, hand shaking and blasting from the podium. You actually have to have a working knowledge of several complicated issues.
So, she knew.
She also knew and actually had the balls to reference Hilary's run for the presidency. Did she see how scrutinized HC was? Did it not occur to her that this is a woman that has years of national and international political experience? Did it not occur to her that this was a well qualified woman that was ready to take a leadership role?
To me, the beauty queen crap is indicative with what is wrong with this whole picture. We all cringe uncomfortably when we see those little girls dolled up and strutting around like adults. We also get a collective chuckle out of the question & answer session when a girl stands there blinking wildly while answering with the most vague yet positive bs available.
That won't work here.
Neither will the "ah, shucks! Don't ya know?" persona.
I am tempted to temper here and say that I'm sure she's a nice person...but I won't.
I don't think she is. I think the barracuda nickname was given to her for a reason and it wasn't a compliment. I think she goes for what she wants without thought about others. I think she uses her looks to get where she wants to be.
I know too many woman like this to not be able to recognize it.
If McCain showed up at my door and said, met you yesterday, liked you, wanna be my VP?
I would be flattered.
I would be flabbergasted.
But I would pass.
I could always say, hey grandkids, know what? See this picture of this old guy and me? He asked me to be his VP!
Can you believe it?
But I would never subject myself, my family, the ladies that are counting on me to represent myself AND THEM honorably and proudly, to something so clearly beyond my current capabilities.
I felt sorry for her for a moment.
I don't anymore.
She doesn't take responsibility for a bad decision.
She blames everyone else.
I've had enough of that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog