Pre-Thanksgiving 

What am I thankful for...not just today, but what do I think about on a fairly consecutive basis that fills me with gratitude? 
  1. That I don't smoke anymore. I have to say, I am so thankful on a regular basis that I was able to kick that habit. The control over everything I did was staggering, looking back. I am grateful.
  2. That I exercise daily - yoga changed my life. Running and then doing self paced yoga centers me and makes me calm. It is terribly obvious when I have skipped a day.
  3. That I found the love of my life. Lance may have some shortcomings but he puts up with mine, and for that I am eternally grateful.
  4. That I was able to experience the joy, the stress, the roller coaster that is motherhood. I adore my boys. I am stunned by their beauty, their brilliance, their gifts and their very kind souls.
  5. That I have a good relationship with my immediate family. That's nothing to scoff at. A lot of people hate their siblings and parents. I look forward to being with them and miss those that are not with me.
  6. That I have a job that intrigues me. That I am part of a team that gets along, that is straight up, and that has my back. I look forward to going to work and I literally have to be dragged out of there in the evening. It is challenging so it is never dull. 
  7. That my husband and I have reached a place where we are comfortable and are not stressing over money. 
  8. That my husband has found a job with people that appreciate his abilities, that positively reinforce him and make him feel valued. 
  9. That I am healthy. 
  10. That I have some of the best friends anyone could have. Seriously, I have always envied those "girl relationships" that have been so evasive for me. I always thought of myself as a friend that was lacking...primarily because those that I had been friends with made me feel that way. Now I realize that it wasn't me. It was them. The friends I have now don't have a secret checklist by which they evaluate my behavior. I have had that so often, being held to some standard of which I was unaware only to have the grenades tossed out during a conflict in order to blow me to pieces. I have never understood it, but it happened so often that it was impossible to believe that it was everyone else. But what was happening was I was selecting the same kind of person over and over again. Those that seemed really "into" me, but who would also become extremely disappointed when I didn't live up to the standard they were expecting. Regardless, I have great friends now. I am so grateful.
  11. That I am still optimistic. That might seem weird, but I am thankful that the experiences I have had have not made me bitter. 
  12. That Obama will be our next president. Succeed or fail, I feel like my country really stepped up and showed who we are. Not the stereotypical racist majority. But good, solid people that want to work for what they get and want to care for all in society. At least, that's who I am hoping we are.
  13. That my brother is watching over me.
  14. That he is with my dad watching over me.
  15. That I am who I am. Flawed as all humans but willing to change and grow. I am grateful that I am still willing to recognize the things that need improvement and appreciate the things that are good about myself. 
  16. That my family loves me.
  17. That my husband is faithful.
  18. That my sister misses me and wants me to visit.
  19. That my boys, my husband and I will have our dream ski trip before Josh graduates.
  20. That my hair will grow after my most recent haircut that is waaaaayyyyyy too short! :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Please consider NOT eating turkey or anything else that will be eternally grateful for your decision to go vegetarian or better yet, vegan.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog