One More Thing
I love John Stewart. The Daily Show is great. I kind of dislike the people in the audience who burst into hysterical laughter upon the raising of one eyebrow. It gets annoying. But he is brilliant. I also like Steven Colbert and his hilarious parody of O’Reilly and his freakish factor.
And I watched the snippets of the skit that bush did with his impersonator all over the news. So clever! So fun! That george! He’s just too much!
Yet it was on Democracy Now on Link TV that I saw Steven Colbert at the annual press corps dinner do the most extraordinary thing I think I have ever seen – he was within a couple of yards of the president and from all that way he could rip him a new a-hole. At the same time he masterfully sliced and diced the obviously de-spined press corp. I can honestly say that I have never witnessed someone “sticking it to the man” so eloquently. There were times that it was obvious that most of the press didn’t know how to react, sitting in stunned silence, while others could barely contain their stifled laughter. The thing was – these guys still want to be in the room when things get announced to the media by this administration. They all know that you can be overlooked and ignored or just out and out barred from the room. They had to be careful. Oh but not our boy, Steven.
No.
Steven rocked.
Senor Colbert is my hero.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog