What is the Holdup??!!
I know it's not me on this one, I just know. What is the problem with American car companies? Why do they continue to make ads that exude a ridiculous image of wealth, prowess, or sex appeal? You can blame an expensive workforce and a lack of national healthcare, but the bottom line is that car companies in this country refuse to listen to what people want. We want a car that will get us from here to there and not cost us twenty five bucks at the pump. Keep your flippin' hemi, I want a hybrid. Not a fake hybrid, thanks anyway Ford Escape, but a real hybrid that gets fifty something miles per gallon, looks great and rides better. I want something that I can consult should I, on the rare occassion, get lost. I want to sit at a stop sign and wonder if my car is still on. I want a car that doesn't make me gag with its exhaust when I open the trunk. Is that a lot? I mean, we aren't talking about "space cars" or anything, we are talking about something that exists. Can we get with the program and start making some sweet rides that cost us little to fuel and actually reduce our footprint on the world? Who's in charge of this kind of thing at these companies? Somebody should knock on their office door, climb through the cobwebs and get them a computer to tap into the web and see what's up.
In the meantime, these are pretty good if you're interested:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/hybrid_sbs.shtml
http://www.hybridcenter.org/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog