One of the Huge Problems with the McCain Campaign
"McCain Campaign" is really quite lyrical.
Just noticed that.

Anyway.
I saw John on an interview where he was saying that he didn't see the results the interviewer was talking about - not in the polls, not in the throngs of people that are coming to their events, no, he was thrilled that Palin is wildly popular.
That's the problem with not being involved with technology.
Not even the latest.
Just technology.
I read a plethora of papers everyday...all of which I can name. They are predominantly liberal leaning but in my feeble attempt to remain aware of all that is around me, I read conservative papers as well.
And I check polls and latest information on blogs.
John appears to not be checking.
If he did he would see that over 50% of people polled believe that Palin is unqualified.
They also believe that she will hurt the party.
I want to say that he is "old school". But that's not the case.
My beloved mom, aged...mid 70's, not only emails but surfs like an expert on the Internet wave. She shops, she researches, she plays scrabble with my sister. This is someone that had never touched a typewriter before. And she rocks.
He blames his lack of Internet or computer interaction on the torture he experience in 'Nam.
Sorry.
I don't buy that.
My brother, stricken with ALS was able to lead a bible study well into his disease that robs the body of any movement.
There is technology out there that all you need is eyes that can go back and forth and you can work a computer.
I know there a quite a few people that have an aversion to computers - the noises scare them - the pinging, dinging and whirling of the internal fan - frighten them, making them believe that they will blow up not only the machine but the office as well. I understand this fear. It's the same with anything with which we are unfamiliar. I remember feeling that way.
What I don't get is the campaign staff.
Are they not telling him what's going on? Or is he adamantly refusing to listen to what they are telling him? Not just amongst those we expect to be hyper-critical but amongst staunch conservatives, amongst THE BASE?
I don't know.
I do know that there is nothing "gotcha" about asking what papers a candidate reads.
Or what supreme court besides Roe v Wade that Palin disagrees with.
EXCEPT ROE V WADE.
Watching her brings about the distasteful remembrances of head cheerleaders with their brilliant smiles and cute disposition while talking in circles, mocking, condescending and throwing verbal daggers.
The way she speaks when she obviously is at a loss is so very objectionable to me. I cannot stand that smarmy tone she takes.
The debate should be interesting.
I expect her to perform well.
But I expect that Biden will perform like a VP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog